Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It'll be the thing that saves the MTV Movie Awards this year...

It may have been a long time ago, but oh man, I remember when the MTV movie awards used to be worth watching. The one liners were actually funny and the awards weren’t so practiced it was like a surgical procedure. It had some specialty to it, and not just for the fact that it got shitloads of celebrities under the same roof in one night. The last couple of years though, it’s gotten a tad sad. I watched it last year, and the year before, for the same reason I watch the ARIA’s and such… just to find out who was nominated, and who won, in my favourite categories.

BUT, lo and behold, while I’m trying to distract myself this morning – from what I considered my impending doom (my driving test… which I passed, thank goodness) – I read the entry for Twilight Tuesday on the Lexicon. Apparently, the awards show this Sunday is going to be shamelessly promoting three movies – Wanted, The Dark Knight and Twilight. Prior to the show, they’ll be showing a full scene from Twilight. They've kept mum about which scene it is exactly, but they did let it slip that the three stars attending the awards - Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Cam Gigandet (sp?) were the only three in the scene. Any Twilighter can instantly figure out it would be around the end, possibly the ballet scene. I hope it's a good one.

You don’t have to have a phD to figure out that at least MTV aren’t stupid. They are being smart this year in what kind of movies they’re promoting. They KNOW that the Twilight fan-base is like a bunch of rabid dogs (I’ll include myself in this generalisation), and the Dark Knight is an automatic hit (from both it’s pre-existing fan base and Heath Ledger’s role), so they’ll figure it’ll get at least some people watching.

Oh, who am I kidding? If I had cable, I would be glued to the show too.

No comments: