Monday, October 6, 2008

Tekken Movie


Currently listening to: "One Headlight" by Wallflowers

Obviously, I’ve been under a rock where this movie is concerned—the last time I wrote about this movie was way back in January, and apparently since then the entire thing has been CASTED and FILMED! Where have I been?

Wait. Don’t answer that. I know where I have been, and it definitely wasn’t anywhere near Tekken.

I blame:


Exactly. Now, moving on.

My opinion on the casting? I just watched this youtube video:





You know what? I don’t hate any of them. And, I’m happy to say, I fully approve of who they chose as Nina and Ling. I mean, in the game, Nina is supposed to be something of a skank. An assassin, sure, but a skank. The chick who’s playing her has already been and done the Maxim covers. So go figure, she’s already something of a sex symbol.


The only thing I’m kinda bummed about is the fact that they don’t have Michelle in it. Other than Nina and Ling, she’s also My Character. It said on Wiki that she’s being played by Holly Marie Combs (woo, go Piper!) but considering it’s not anywhere else, I doubt that’s true anymore. I know I should listen to my friend Minus-5 when she said I should believe everything I read on Wikipedia. But it’s just so… convenient! Information like THAT.

My opinion on the directing? Hmm… the only things I recognise that he’s directed is Prison Break, Bones and Free Willy. Just putting it out there, I haven’t seen the first or the last, and watched half an episode of Bones. So I won’t go there.
Overall, I’m excited. It’ll be interesting to see whether it’s any good, considering beat-em-up video games don’t exactly have a good history of being turned into movies…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

holly marie combs was piper on "charmed", not prue.

DaWiseOldHippie said...

i hope the movei is good. ive been waitin for it for ages. i started playin tekken when 1 was 11, almost 10 years ago....im really hoping the movie does well

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how modern society has evolved to become so integrated with technology. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of copying our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could encounter in my lifetime.

(Submitted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]R4i[/url] SysBro)